Monday, March 26, 2012

Novelty and Colors Layer Cake Swap

After all the swapping fun I've had this last week, I've decided to join in on just one more swap.  My husband must be wondering where all his envelopes have gone this month :)

Hilachas and My Sister Made Me Do It have teamed up to offer the Novelty and Colors Layer Cake Swap.

Hilachas


Everyone is swapping 12 10x10 Blender and a Novelty fabrics each.  Hilachas has a list of colors available and a Flickr group set up so we can all see what the others are sending (also so we don't accidentally buy the same Novelty fabrics).  I think there are still a few slots open until the 28th of March 2012 for those who are interested.  I've signed up to swap a Navy blender and a Fuchsia blender with their accompanying novelty fabrics.  I had a great Navy that I wanted to use, but alas they requested that the fabric be unwashed, and I religiously was my fabrics after purchase.  That's okay, I found four really great fabrics that I love and ordered them today from Fabric.com for the swap.  I love Fabric.com because I've never had a problem getting even big orders shipped to my APO.

Navy


Cassette tapes


Fuchia


Balloons

I agonized over which fabric to buy!  I loved them ALL, especially the novelty fabrics.  I was torn between a really great whale fabric and the cassette tapes.  I finally decided on the tapes because my seven-year-old son came in the room and asked me "What are those?"  I remember cassette tapes, and taping songs off the radio when I was a teen.  Good times :) So, I just had to get them.  I also love the balloons.  I was trying to get Novelty fabric than went with my blenders.  I think that this will make them more useable later on.

There's still fun to be had for other would be swappers who want to join in.  Hope to see some of you there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...