Thursday, August 7, 2014

August Illustration

So, just doing a quick share today.  It's been a few months since I posted a monthly illustration, and this month's was inspired by our upcoming move back to the USA.  Yep, it's official.  We'll be moving back to Texas (where it all began for my family)  in November.  I'm going to miss Germany, but I'm also ready to be with our family back home.

moving box
We just told our families today and everyone is excited.  My brother-in-law is especially happy that everyone now knows because he's been keeping the secret for the last week while I finished the moving announcement.  I think it was totally worth the wait so we could share the news in a cute way, and my husband understands my particular brand of crazy enough to go along with me.  He's a good guy :)

I really, really can't believe that it's already August!  Summer has just flown by, and I can honestly say that this is one of the best summers that I've had in a really long time even with all the rain we've had over the last month.

We went to the Alps for vacation and hiked all over for a week. I could absolutely see myself living there it was just so beautiful.

14811855305_43723e3b16_z

We also visited a few museums in Innsbruck, Germany and they had the most beautiful antique spinning wheels on display.

14569128650_0249e6fb7a_z

It's amazing the level of detail in so many antique pieces which is missing from today's utility items and tools.


14732897036_51ff6f6543_z

Okay, I think that I've tortured you enough with my holiday photos, but really look how much work went into carving this spinning wheel!  :)

What were you all doing this summer.  Projects? Trips?  I'd love to hear about all your adventures. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's great news Karen, I hope your move goes smoothly.

    Those spinning wheels are beautiful, today's tools just don't have the same appeal do they?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...