Sunday, October 12, 2014

Christmas Tree Lane Quilt

I'm so happy to report that my Christmas Tree Lane quilt and table runner are almost complete!  In my previous posting, I had just finished the piecing while dealing with our upcoming move back to Texas.  The movers come this week and I'm just about to lose my sewing machine and fabric for the next few months :(

IMG_7686

I've finished the quilting on both the quilt and the table runner despite not being able to find my supreme slider for some weird reason and running out of the variegated green thread that I was using to quilt the trees and borders.

IMG_7688

I love the swirl quilting on these pieces and even tried my hand at incorporating a few pebbles into the swirls for the table runner.  I really think that my free motion quilting has improved over this last year and I was excited to do some feathers on my quilt border (although, I choose to do line quilting for the table runner border).

IMG_7683

A few of my feathers went a bit wonky, but overall I'm pretty happy with their size and shape.  Now, it's onto the binding.  I'm torn between a fun holiday stripe and a great red plaid.  Decisions, decisions :) 


3 comments:

  1. I have been looking at all these trees people are doing, and I think it would be just fun to do a whole quilt of them. I'm trying to put that behind me, though. Too much else. Your trees are pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I'm very pleased to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...